Follow the link to learn more about BSM/ Service Desk tools
Business Service Management
The Problem we solve - Business Service Management Tools
Over the last decade the consultants and associate consultants at System Pioneers have probably completed over 300 Business system management tool implementations.
Today some organisations want treat BSM/ Service Desk tools/ "Systems of record" as a commodity. This couldn't be further from the truth.
At System Pioneers we encourage our customers to work with us and to do the research required to understand their requirements and options before implementing a new toolset.
Our consultants and associates have worked for all the Gartner Magic Quadrant (tm) top 10 vendors.
We currently have partnerships with BMC, HPE and Landesk but we are more than happy to help you with your requirements and with your selection process.
10 Key Considerations when assessing service management tools
- Investigate the total cost of ownership over a 5 year period.
- Consider that a service management tool is only part of an Enterprise management platform.
- Do not underestimate the involvement of people in the development of processes that are embedded into the service management toolset can you live with being “Vanilla”
- Do you want a toolset that requires an extensive knowledge of scripting language and/or expensive developers as part of its configuration
- Consider the disruption caused by upgrades and the costs, can you choose when to upgrade? Does this align with your business cycles?
- Investigate the impact of Named licensing models in multi-supplier environments
- Investigate the cost of Named licenses and approvers.
- Investigate the license costs associated with use cases outside of IT.
- Consider the financial backing and commitment of the vendor.
- How does profitability impact the sales cycle and the need to sell more licenses “it is so easy, you can do it yourself approach”. Is that the approach you want to take with the ERP for IT.